Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Add to iCal | Add to Google Calendar
Several sessions of LimmudBoston will feature presenters from Congregation Beth El:
- Cat Kaner on “Shalom Meditation: A Simple Way to Reduce Pain and Increase Peacefulness in Your Life” (2:10–3:05 p.m.)
- Rabbi Josh Breindel on “Immortal Song: Celebrating Our Forgotten Heroine, Serach Bat Asher” (3:10–4 p.m.)
- Lisa Goodman and Vivian Tseng on “Being a Jewish Antiracist: Can We Dismantle Antisemitism without Dismantling White Supremacy?” (3:10–4 p.m.)
Full program Register
LimmudBoston is an afternoon of online learning and community with clergy, educators and laypeople presenting on a variety of subjects, serious to fun — texts, arts, culture, music, history, spirituality, etc. Other presenters include:
- Historian Jonathan Sarna, who will discuss the current state of antisemitism in the world around us.
- Marc Gopin, who will share highlights of his newest book, Compassionate Reasoning, which combines science, philosophy, ethics, and world religions to teach us how to get along, cooperate and even thrive with those who think so differently from us.
- Moshe Waldoks, founding rabbi of Temple Beth Zion in Brookline and co-author of The Big Book of Jewish Humor, who will discuss “What’s Funny About Jewish Humor?”